[gst-devel] some issues when trying to save content to disk during http progressive downloaded

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Fri Sep 10 19:26:58 CEST 2010

Am 08.09.2010 04:45, schrieb Zhao, Halley:
> During playback of progressive content, I tried to save the content to disk as well.
>
> But the result is strange:
>
> Some contents are saved correctly, some contents are saved but can’t playback
> again; some contents even can’t playback during progressive downloaded.
>

> ## most ogg contents work well, the saved contents can playback again
>
> gst-launch-0.10 souphttpsrc
> location=http://10.238.37.11/share/media/video/test.ogv ! tee name=t ! decodebin
> ! ffmpegcolorspace ! xvimagesink t. ! queue ! filesink location=test.ogv
>

> ## some mp4 saved contents can’t playback again, the saved contents differ from
> the original one; even the following test.mp4 and test2.mp4 are different
>
> gst-launch-0.10 souphttpsrc location=http://
> 10.238.37.11/share/media/video/test.mp4 ! tee name=t ! decodebin !
> ffmpegcolorspace ! xvimagesink t. ! queue ! filesink location=test.mp4
>
> gst-launch-0.10 souphttpsrc location=http://
> 10.238.37.11/share/media/video/test.mp4 ! filesink
> location=/home/halley/swap/streaming/test2.mp4

At first use decodebin2!

If the http source is seekable, the muxer in decodebin will do pull. You could try:

gst-launch-0.10 souphttpsrc
location=http://10.238.37.11/share/media/video/test.mp4 ! queue ! tee name=t !
decodebin2 ! ffmpegcolorspace ! xvimagesink t. ! queue ! filesink location=test.mp4

Stefan