[gst-devel] multiplex aac config data into resulting data stream (rtpmp4apay)

Stwulf steffen.wulf at tuhh.de
Fri Sep 10 20:55:58 CEST 2010

Hi everybody,

I use the rtpmp4apay element in order to stream AAC audio over the network.
With the help of the according depay element I am able to listen to the
music. But this works only if I set the config parameter within the caps of
the udpsrc element. The special thing about my transmission is that it is
supposed to be a unidirectional one. Due to different music input files it's
hard to make any assumptions about the resulting string for the config
parameter on the receiver side.
According to RFC 3016 it is supposed to be possible to multiplex the config
parameter (StreamMuxConfig element) into the resulting data stream. Now, my
question is wheter it is possible (and already supported by the backend) to
set the config parameter to "1" within the rtpmp4apay element to induce the
desired result? Is there any other way to achieve the multiplexing?
If this should not be the case, has anybody experience with the mapping
between the config parameter and the StreamMuxConfig element?

I'd very much appreciate a response.
Thanks in advance!

Steffen.