[gst-devel] dynamic change element's parameter

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Mon Sep 13 23:14:31 CEST 2010

Am 12.09.2010 09:01, schrieb Chandler Li:
> Hi all,
>     I'm new to use gstreamer,
>     and I have a problem don't know how to solve for a long time,
>
>     Is there possible to dynamic change the parameter in elements or pads?

gobject parameters -> g_object_set or use GstController

>     For example,
>     In a playing state streaming,
>     could I dynamic change the size of video without stop the streaming?

yes you can. if you resize the video window for xvimagesink the video adjusts if
it can. So if you run gst-launch videotestsrc ! xvimagesink, the videotest is
sending videoframes in the native resolution instead of xvimagesink scaling them.

Stefan