[gst-devel] How can I add RTSP media mapping to the gst-rtsp-server in Python?

André Dieb andre.dieb at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 13:19:39 CEST 2010

Hello,

Currently gst-rtsp-server (master) can't add media mappings. I'm currently
in the process of cleaning up my python-gst-rtsp-server patches, which
include MediaMapping and MediaFactory bindings. It's likely to be submitted
to bugzilla this week (at least an initial version). If you're interested, I
can send you the dirty patches :) passing a launch string to the factory
already works.

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 6:02 AM, wl2776 <wl2776 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've created a server instance, but cannot add media-mapping to it.
> Are there any examples of using gst-rtsp-server in Python?
>
> import gobject
> gobject.threads_init()
>
> import sys
> import pygst
> pygst.require('0.10')
>
> import os
>
> from gst import rtspserver
>
> class myrtspserver:
>    def __init__(self):
>        self.server=rtspserver.Server()
>        self.server.props.media_mapping.set_property('/test',
>                                    '( videotestsrc is-live=1 ! x264enc !
> rtph264pay name=pay0 pt=96 )')
>

> The last line of the code above gives the error
> TypeError: object of type `GstRTSPMediaMapping' does not have property
> `/test'
>
> If I replace set_property with set_data, it doesn't give errors, but logs
> show that the server cannot find the media mapping when processing
> connection.
> Tried also set_data
> --

André Dieb Martins