[gst-devel] cannot interpolate rtp time

Wim Taymans wim.taymans at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 13:55:32 CEST 2010

On Fri, 2010-09-17 at 13:42 +0200, Kocsis Tibor wrote:
> Hi,
>
> can somebody explain me what's this warning message means and what can
> i do to avoid it:
>
> rtpsource rtpsource.c:1391:rtp_source_get_new_sr: no clock-rate,
> cannot interpolate rtp time

This usually means that the application didn't tell gstrtpbin what the
clock-rate is for a source. You need to provide complete RTP caps on the
rtpbin or connect to the request-pt-map signal to provide this info to
gstrtpbin.

> It shows up when i connect an rtp sink to a running pipeline, and
> sometimes come these criticals with that:

You probably also add a new sender source, which explains the warning
above.

> (unknown:13994): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_mini_object_unref:
> assertion `mini_object->refcount > 0' failed
> (unknown:13994): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_mini_object_unref:
> assertion `mini_object->refcount > 0' failed

That suggests a serious refcounting bug somewhere. runnning the
application with --gst-fatal-warnings and inside gdb can give a
backtrace that can give a hint what's going on.

Wim