[gst-devel] Question about stream media server based on gstreamer

Jie Jiang jjinfo at nudt.edu.cn
Sat Sep 18 03:58:59 CEST 2010

Hi,

I'm new to gstreamer. Now I'm considering writing a stream video/audio
server with RTP support. I have some questions:

1. Is the client(stream receiver) required to use gstreamer as backend
in order to correctly receive and decode the video stream from the
server, which is written on the base of gsreamer? Or any client that
implements RTP protocol and the corresponding decoder can work with the
server?

2. If the audio stream and video stream go through two separate
gstreamer streams, is it possible to synchronize them at the receiver
client?

Regards,
Jie