[gst-devel] rtpbin + mpegtsmux

Marco Ballesio gibrovacco at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 17:01:51 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 2:01 AM, Gary Thomas <gary at mlbassoc.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to stream MPEG-TS data via RTP/RTCP using these pipelines:
>
> Server:
>   gst-launch -v gstrtpbin name=rtpbin v4l2src !
> video/x-raw-yuv,width=720,height=480 !
>     x264enc ! mpegtsmux ! rtpmp2tpay ! rtpbin.send_rtp_sink_0
>     rtpbin.send_rtp_src_0 ! udpsink port=5000 host=192.168.1.101
> ts-offset=0 name=vrtpsink
>     rtpbin.send_rtcp_src_0 ! udpsink port=5001 host=192.168.1.101
> sync=false async=false name=vrtcpsink
>     udpsrc port=5005 name=vrtpsrc ! rtpbin.recv_rtcp_sink_0

The feeling is that the muxing/payloading is wrong.. try replacing mpegtsmux
! rtpmp2pay with rtph264pay (and a similar operation in the receiver).

> Client:
>   gst-launch -v gstrtpbin name=rtpbin latency=200
>     udpsrc
> caps=application/x-rtp,media=(string)video,clock-rate=(int)90000,encoding-name=(string)MP2T-ES
> port=5000 !
>        rtpbin.recv_rtp_sink_0 rtpbin. ! rtpmp2tdepay ! mpegtsdemux
> name=demux ! ffdec_h264 ! xvimagesink demux.
>     udpsrc port=5001 ! rtpbin.recv_rtcp_sink_0 rtpbin.send_rtcp_src_0 !
>        udpsink port=5005 host=192.168.1.101 sync=false async=false

..snip..

if you have more than a few lines to report in a thread, sending them as an
attachment (or even using tools like pastebin) will improve readability -and
will avoid my poor old eepc 701 going crazy with the web client ;) -.

Regards.