[gst-devel] Stream on iPad, iPhone, Android...

ivan zoli ivan_zoli at fastwebnet.it
Fri Sep 3 18:57:25 CEST 2010

> Stefan is correct that gcc auto-vectorization will not give any significant gain
> in acceleration of the video encoders. Moreover, if you are thinking of encoding
> on mobile devices, you need to spend several months writing/optimizing encoder
> using NEON, and end of day you might end up with something which is not realtime
> encoding. FFMPEG's usefulness is limited to Desktop PCs. You may contact some
> codec company which provides encoder on iPhone or Android. That should help.

But iPhone has built in it's own AV steam client, for example it can connect
YouTube and watch a video... So it will be nice to do a server that
can stream live
video on thoose devices, without the need to xcompile Gstreamer or build my own
codec. I was not able to build a working pipeline to do this, only AV stream
to VLC...

Ivan