[gst-devel] Pipeline with multiple filesources is stalled.

sledge hammer sledgehammer_999 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 28 21:18:49 CEST 2010

I was building an example program that did the bare minimum to test the situation and to post it here if it showed the same behavior as my other code.
My other code is part of a much larger project(a media player) which is yet to be released and it would be confusing for someone else to go through it in a few moments.
Well, I was creating a **really** basic avi player to demonstrate my problem but for some reason I keep getting "Error: Internal data stream error.". I think I do everything right but I can't find the problem. Please take a look yourself. The code is here-> http://pastebin.com/YZs5garS

After your answer, I thought that probably me and my code is at fault. I probably do something wrong somewhere. I thought that I forgot some element in the pipeline but no. I dumped the list of the elements in the pipeline and it looks right. Do you have any suggestions/directions for debugging? What should I look for? What could cause a stall like this?

Notes:
1. Build it as c++ source(I use std::strings)
2. Update the 'avipath' global var to point to an AVI file with Xvid/Divx video and mp3 audio.
3. I didn't implement the loading of external subs yet, since I can't get it to load an avi file.
4. I didn't give much emphasis on memory management intentionally. To make it simpler.