[gst-devel] not able to export plugin

Kaustubh Raste Kaustubh.Raste at imgtec.com
Thu Sep 30 10:29:46 CEST 2010

Found the problem.

Now its working.

-Kaustubh

From: Kaustubh Raste [mailto:Kaustubh.Raste at imgtec.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 30, 2010 12:41 PM
To: gstreamer-devel at lists.sourceforge.net.
Subject: [gst-devel] not able to export plugin

Hi,

I have built the gst plugin and want to use with gstreamer.

If I export the path where I have built the testplugin.so plugin to
GST_PLUGIN_PATH, then gstreamer can find the plugin and use it. (build
path is /home/test/build/bin/testplugin.so)

I want to move the testplugin.so file to other folder.

When I moved testplugin.so to 'test' folder and exported the
GST_PLUGIN_PATH to the 'test', then gst-inspect gives error as

(gst-plugin-scanner:18118): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin
'/home/test/testplugin.so': /home/test/testplugin.so: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory.

Can someone tell me if this is possible; if yes, then how can I do it.