Memory leak after just call gst_init()

raul cordeiro holanda raulhcordeiro at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 05:59:46 PDT 2011

>> After see that, I try run my full app with pipelines and everything
>> inside them. The memory leak continue growing and valgrind (already
>> with gst.supp file of the gstreamer git tree) show me some others
>> leaks, mainly on bus_* calls and plugin_* calls. is it too a normal
>> behavior? My app make many pipelines and finish them with
>> set_state(NULL) and with unref calls.
>
> It does not sound like normal behaviour, no.
>
> Hard to anything more specific without having a test case/program that
> reproduces the issue and the valgrind leak output. It could be a leak in
> your application or in some plugin or in GStreamer core.

> Cheers
> -Tim

Hi Tim,

Again, thanks for the good help!
I devel a simple example to show the leaks and attach it on email. the
content is a .rar
because i put a simple image - necessary to example run (my appsrc read it
and
push on pipeline) - the app.supp file; the valgrind output file generate
after i run the
example per 16h; a README file to help on procedure; and the most important
- the makefile.
The source is basically an appsrc to read image file and push it on pipeline
periodically (1/fps).
The pipeline encode the images and generate many videos of 1s for me do
something on appsink.
On example, i don't make nothing (just free the resources =). To don't stop
the generation after
each EOS send to pipeline by appsrc, i put a loop on main (my app do that
too). To a good stop of
app, just press Ctrl+C.

Some help is appreciated!

--