Playback buffer notification callbacks

ls ag lsag02 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 11 08:48:07 PDT 2011

I need exactly what I specified in my original e-mail.

On Windows you open a output device with waveOutOpen specifying the callback function. You then write audio samples to output device with waveOutWrite, when the output device has finished playing each sample it calls the callback function you specified (or signals the event if you specified the event object).

On Android you specify the period in PCM samples for periodic notifications with AudioTrack.setPositionNotificationPeriod and the audio framework calls your provided AudioTrack.onPlaybackPositionUpdateListener interface.

I need the same functionality for gstreamer. Is this clear?