Audio and Video out of sync

Rodney Dowdall rdowdall at cranksoftware.com
Mon Apr 11 12:43:21 PDT 2011

Hello

So I know that this list is not responsible for the ti-gstreamer
packages, but I am emailing this list to see if anyone has any ideas or
suggestions on a problem that I am seeing.  Here is the scenario:

I encode a file using ffmpeg so that it would play on my beagle board
that is running Angstrom with the TI gstreamer packages.  The command
line that I used to encode the file was:

ffmpeg -i avatar-tlr3_h480p.mov -f mp4 -r 30 -b 1200kb -s 720x480
-vcodec libx264 -vpre hq -vpre baseline -me_range 8 -crf 22 -acodec aac
-strict experimental -ab 22050 -ac 2 -threads 0 avatar.mp4

The file encodes fine, and it plays alright on the board, but the audio
and video are out of sync.  The video is playing faster than the audio.
If I play it on my desktop with gstreamer, it plays fine.  I have seen
some references to the audio clock not being setup properly, but I have
no idea on how to modify that.

If I download an mp4 from youtube using http://www.savevid.com, then
that video plays fine on the board.

If anyone has any suggestions of what to look at, that would be great.

Thanks,
Rodney

--

*Rodney Dowdall**