H264 RTP

Chuck Crisler ccrisler at vgocom.com
Thu Apr 14 15:21:02 PDT 2011

I am working with plugin code that is supposed to be transmitting H264 video
via RTP. It uses the element rtph264pay. This code works in an earlier
version but fails in my 'new and improved' version. I have upgraded to
gstreamer 0.10.22 (not sure about the earlier version), good plugin 0.10.14
from 0.10.10 and base 0.10.22 from 0.10.21. A packet sniff shows that the
RTP is simply all wrong, even the RTP version, which is the first RTP byte.
Is there something that I should be doing to get the RTP header properly
generated, or should that 'just happen'?

TIA!
Chuck