H264 RTP

Chuck Crisler ccrisler at vgocom.com
Thu Apr 14 16:30:16 PDT 2011

I am confused by something in here. Data moves through a pipeline by
elements allocating buffers and pushing them through pads. If you have a
plugin element that works with a piece of hardware (say an H264 encoder), it
will generate buffers that it knows about. But the next element (the
rtph264pay element) receives a gstbasertppayload buffer directly in the
handle buffer function. Who allocates that input buffer and initializes the
fields?

Thank you.