GStreamer Build on CentOS 5.6 64bit

chad hanna channa at perimeterinstitute.ca
Sat Apr 16 12:56:14 PDT 2011

Hi Greg,

Do you mean that CentOS 5.6 should have the correct dependencies but
that it won't compile? Or just that the versions are too old period?

My colleagues and I have built gstreamer, plugins good, bad and
gst-python on CentOS *5.3* but only by creating and installing custom
rpms of the following in /opt (or a home directory, or whatever):

flex 2.5.35
glib2 2.22.5
glib2-devel 2.22.5
pygobject2 2.18.0
pygobject2-devel 2.18.0
pygobject2-doc 2.18.0

I am not sure how good of an idea this was, but things seem to work
okay so far.  It was for a cluster computing environment that will not
have an OS upgrade for a while, and we needed to make progress with
what was there.  If you decide this information is useful I can try to
recall any of the gotchas that we came across...

best wishes,

Chad

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 3:34 PM, Greg Wunder <gwunder at eoir.com> wrote:
> Has anyone successfully built the source for gstreamer & related modules on
> CentOS 5.6 64bit?
> It appears that there may be inconsistencies in glibc versions
> needed/allowed.

Chad Hanna
Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics
31 Caroline St. N.
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2L 2Y5
Ph: (519) 569-7600 x7511