smart render in GES

Edward Hervey bilboed at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 00:34:36 PDT 2011

Hi,

  The encodebin element will always create the encoding elements
regardless of whether you're passing it raw audio/video or
already-encoded data (it always creates two parallel paths, one for
passthrough and another for actual encoding since it (1) doesn't know
beforehand whether the stream will be raw or already encoded and (2) it
might change mid-stream).
  It doesn't mean encodebin will *actually* encode the input, it will
only push data through the encoding path if the incoming data is raw
audio.

  The only vorbisdec element I can see in those logs is the one used in
the GstDiscoverer (used outside of the pipeline to figure out the
duration of the file, what stream it has, the stream properties,
etc...).

  So... congratulations, you smart-rendered your file :)

    Edward