Never ending stream...

andrea sarkiaponius at alice.it
Wed Apr 20 08:23:48 PDT 2011

Hi,

I'm using the following pipeline to download some Real Audio streams and
convert them to MP3 on the fly:

gst-launch-0.10 rtspsrc location=some_url \
  ! decodebin2 \
  ! lamemp3enc target=quality quality=9 \
  ! filesink location=some_file.mp3

It works perfectly, but never ends, even when some_file.mp3 has clearly
reached the correct lenght and is not updated any longer!

Note that the streams I'm talking about are just audio files made
available only as RTSP streams, but they all have a finite length.

How can I have such a pipeline exit when the stream reaches its end?

Best regards.
--
andrea <sarkiaponius at alice.it>