gst-rtsp-server - Changing the launch line on the fly

Rob Smith smith at trdeo.co.uk
Thu Apr 21 03:34:52 PDT 2011

Hello,

Currently, I'm using a slightly modified version of the test-launch.c
example to run an RTSP server, streaming video from a webcam. This works
completely fine. The launch line that i'm passing is...

( v4l2src !
video/x-raw-yuv,format=(fourcc)UYVY,width=320,height=240,framerate=(fraction)10 ! ffmpegcolorspace ! videoflip method=2 ! ffmpegcolorspace ! TIVidenc1 engineName=codecServer codecName=h264enc ! rtph264pay name=pay0 pt=96 )

This is set using the gst_rtsp_media_factory_set_launch() function
within the gst-rtsp library.

My question is, can I change any of the width, height or framerate on
the fly, without breaking the connection with the RTSP client? Is this
possible? I realise this would likely necessitate re-negotiation between
the server and client, so can this happen automatically if just the pipe
parameters are changed?

Thanks for any advice.

Rob