setting metadata tags in ges

Edward Hervey bilboed at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 07:00:32 PDT 2011

Hi,

On Tue, 2011-04-26 at 16:03 +0530, sumeeth kc wrote:
> Hi all,
>   In gstreamer editing services, I was trying to cut a file, which
> works fine. However, I would also like to copy the tags from the
> original file to the cut file. I am retrieving the input file tags via
> GST_MESSAGE_TAG, however to set the tags on the muxer, I dont have the
> reference to call gst_tag_setter_merge_tags(), since I believe the
> muxer exists inside the encode bin of the ges pipeline. How can I
> retrieve the reference to the muxer?

  You could retrieve the reference to the muxer by recursively searching
in encodebin (through gst_bin_iterate_elements()) for an element whose
factory klass contains 'Muxer' *or* that implements the GstTagSetter
interface.

  Ideally we should make encodebin implement the TagSetter interface
(and proxy the various calls to the contained compatible elements).

    Edward