Gstreamer and MPEG TS Constant Bit Rate

Tom Hendrick sdtom182 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 26 08:14:04 PDT 2011

Hi,

I heard there is something called MPEG4-TS which can give a
constant bit rate but I don't know if that is supported by gstreamer.  Does anyone know?

I have an application that requires constant bitrate and the input to the gstreamer (an AXIS IP camera) isn't quite giving me a constant bitrate

Here is an example of my transmit gstreamer call:

gst-launch-0.10
 -e rtspsrc location=rtsp://192.168.0.90/mpeg4/media.amp ! rtpmp4vdepay !
 mpeg4videoparse ! gdppay ! filesink location=txfifo.ts&

the receiver looks like (txout.ts is the demodulated piped file):

gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=txout.ts ! gdpdepay ! ffdec_mpeg4 ! xvimagesink

 was hoping to try something simple with gstreamer like MPEG4-TS because changes to
the C++ code are too difficult for me to do. Any advice would be greatly
 appreciated.
Thanks. Tom