gstreamer native avi demux: the http seek timing accuracy is not as accurate as hard disk seek

bcxa sz bcxa.sz at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 03:02:50 PDT 2011

Hi Developers,

I found the native gstreamer avi demux doesn't have the seek accuracy
in case of http compared with in case of hard disk.

For example, I have one good avi file which have correct index file.

If seek to 10 seconds in case of hard disk, the native avi demux will
seek to the correct timing (almost 10 seconds). But if seek to 10
seconds in case of http, the native avi demux will seek to 5 seconds
before. And it seemed the seek byte offset is not correct.

Can you let me know whether this is known issue or not?

thanks