Looping ogg/theora videos

David Johnson djohnson at ics.com
Thu Apr 28 14:12:28 PDT 2011

On Thursday, April 28, 2011 01:14:40 pm Stefan Kost wrote:
> Am 28.04.2011 03:28, schrieb David Johnson:
> > I need to loop some ogg/theora videos. I can do this, but I am getting a
> > noticable delay when looping. I need the looping to be seamless.
> >
> > Depending on what times I am looping from/to, the delay can vary from not
> > noticable, to extreme. It can also vary depending on the file.
> >
> > I have full sources of an example I can post if necessary. I have
> > included a short snippet to show what I am doing:
> >
> > What am I doing wrong?
>
> Only use GST_SEEK_FLAG_FLUSH for the first seek-event, when handling
> SEGMENT_DONE try without it.

This does not help any. I am still getting about a quarter second freeze at
the end of the segment.

Some more investigation reveals that this only happens with ogg/theora (obv)
video clips. It is not happening with some DV clips.

Is this the fault of the Theora format? Perhaps it is not suited for seamless
looping?

--
David Johnson