Problem With Audio Channels

William Metcalf wmetcalf at niftytv.com
Fri Aug 5 11:13:44 PDT 2011

Hello all,

I am trying to run the following pipeline in a gstreamer appliction:

appsrc is-live=true typefind=true ! audioparse ! audioconvert ! faac !
qtmux ! filesink location="c:\blah.mp4"

When running this pipeline I get the following error:

** (LiveSourceTesting.exe:7192): CRITICAL **: file
..\..\..\Source\gst-plugins-base\gst-libs\gst\audio\multichannel.c: line
274: assertion `gst_value_array_get_size (pos_val_arr) == channels' failed

It is obvious this error is related the channels in my audio stream, but
I am not sure what exactly is causing the error or how to go about
fixing it.  Can anyone please provide some insight into this error, and
possible solutions for fixing it?

Thank you very much,
William