stream avi file

Krishnan krishnan.saravanak at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 14:22:03 PDT 2011

Hi.. Can anyone point me to sample pipeline for streaming avi file with the
help of rtsp server? I could create an avi file from live source with the
help of this command,

gst- launch v4l2src num-buffers=500 ! video/x-raw-yuv,width=720,height=480 !
ffmpegcolorspace ! jpegenc ! avimux ! filesink location=capture.avi

[If I don't use the 'avimux', vlc is unable to play the file(but other
players could play!) Any reasons?]

How can I stream this file through the test-launch example code?

I could able to stream the live source,

test-launch "(v4l2src ! video/x-raw-yuv,width=720,height=480 !
ffmpegcolorspace ! queue ! jpegenc ! rtpjpegpay name=pay0 pt=96 )"

But, I would like to stream the saved .avi file. What elements are needed to
construct the pipeline? I tried to demux the file and then put it across rtp
pay, but it doesn't work.

Thanks,
Krishnan.