Gstreamer App on windows - plugin loading fails

Ashwini Sharma ak.ashwini at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 01:54:06 PDT 2011

Hi All,

   I have compiled the gstreamer on Windows with MinGW. When I try it with
gst-launch utility from MSYS command line, it works fine. Then I wrote a
simple application with C APIs and compiled thru MinGW. Now I try to run it
thru a .bat file. I get an error saying *"Failed to load Plugin."*

I have set the GST_PLUGIN_PATH variable in the system environment variables.

Please provide some idea, so that I can run the app from the bat file.

Any help is appreciated

-Ashwini