Problem while adding typefind functionality to a parser plugin

mohid mohideensaad at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 07:19:36 PDT 2011

Thanks for your reply Tim.

It was working with the below code:
static gboolean
plugin_init (GstPlugin * plugin)
{

  GST_DEBUG_CATEGORY_INIT (wma_parser_debug, "TEL_WMA_Parser",
      0, "wmaparser element");
   return gst_element_register (plugin, "TEL_WMA_Parser", GST_RANK_PRIMARY,
      GST_TYPE_WMA_PARSER);
}

When I add the below modifications, it didn't work.

static gboolean
plugin_init (GstPlugin * plugin)
{
  static gchar *exts[] = { "wma", NULL };

  GST_DEBUG_CATEGORY_INIT (wma_parser_debug, "TEL_WMA_Parser",
      0, "wmaparser element");

  if (!gst_element_register (plugin, "TEL_WMA_Parser", GST_RANK_PRIMARY,
      GST_TYPE_WMA_PARSER))
    return FALSE;

  if (!gst_type_find_register (plugin, "TEL_WMA_Parser", GST_RANK_PRIMARY,
                                gst_wma_typefind_function, exts,
                                gst_caps_new_simple("audio/wma", NULL),
NULL, NULL))
    return FALSE;

  return gst_element_register (plugin, "TEL_WMA_Parser", GST_RANK_PRIMARY,
      GST_TYPE_WMA_PARSER);
}

I am not sure whether I am allowed to register both as an element and
typefind in the same plugin_init()

Thanks,
Mohid