wma parser and decoder plugin connection problem

mohid mohideensaad at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 10:28:41 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I have got a parser and a decoder plugin for wma.
I am using caps
Paser sink: audio/t_wma
          src: audio/x-wma

Decoder sink:audio/x-wma
             src: audio/x-raw-int

The pipeline is playing in gst-launch.

I have problem playing wma with totem player.
I have used typefind function to recognize wma streams and to select the
parser.
Parser is loaded correctly.
But the decoder plugin is not loading. Hence it is not playing. It is
reporting a missing plugin error.

Do I need to do anything so that the parser plugin gets connected to decoder
plugin automatically whenever the wma stream is played in totem.

The player gives an error
"A program requires an additional plugin to encode this file
The following plugin is required:
Windows Media Audio decoder".

But my decoder plugin is available when checking with gst-inspect.

(Also I have not registered the mimetype "audio/t_wma". But that did not
become an issue here.)

Any help in this regard is much appreciated.

Thanks
Mohid