Still can't get videomixer to do live video at full frame rate

wally_bkg wb666greene at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 15:29:07 PDT 2011

Stefan Kost wrote:

> On 08/19/11 18:12, wally_bkg wrote:
>> Stefan Kost wrote:
>>> gst_element_get_static_pad
>>>
>>> Stefan

>> Thanks, but this is a bit confusing.  Are you saying I should just use
>> gst_element_get_static_pad() with the same arguments I used with
>> gst_element_get_pad()?
>>
>> I though the mixer pads were "request".  The documentation says the
>> problem
>> with gst_element_get_pad() was after getting the pad reference it wasn't
>> clear which kind of pad it was.
>
> Sorry indeed those are request pads, so please use the other function.

Actually gst_element_get_request_pad() doesn't work, I get:

GStreamer-CRITICAL **: Padname sink_0 is not unique in element mixer, not
adding

I'd forgotten about this while I was stumbling around trying to figure out
how to do it before I came up with using gst_element_get_pad().

It seems the "depreciated and to be removed" gst_element_get_pad() function
does something that can be most useful and code simplifying.

Namely returning a reference to a request pad that was automatically linked
with:

gst_element_link_many(source1, colorspace1, scale1, I420filter1, vrate1,
tover1, queue1, mixer, NULL);

In light of this, I think removing it from a future version would be a
mistake, unless  a clearly documented better way is introduced.