XOverlay lost after setting playbin state to Null

Ralph ralph.gucwa at racelogic.co.uk
Fri Dec 2 04:32:29 PST 2011

dhoyt wrote

> If it's any comfort, I've been running d3dvideosink in software that runs
> 16+ videos simultaneously. Most running it don't use that many at once,
> but the software supports it. Most do 5-10. But again, it's been running
> for months with no problems. But you should probably be using
> autovideosink so gstreamer can choose the best sink to use. If you use
> autovideosink and d3dvideosink isn't able to initialize for some reason,
> it should fall back to dshowvideosink.

WOW!!! I've just tested d3dvideosink and I am really impressed - it's
FAST!!!  It is 24-32% faster than dshowvideosink depending on the machine.
Good job, Dave, really well done!

I have two problems though:

1. I have a video file with 5:4 aspect ratio (720x576), but d3dvideosink
stretches it to 4:3.  It does not stretch the video to fill the available
space, it deliberately changes the aspect ratio to 4:3 leaving black borders
on top and bottom.  This is a sample 10-second video file:
http://ralphos.com/video/test1.avi.

2. I cannot get it to work with a full screen window on my primary screen
(1920x1200), it displays black surface.  It works without any problems if I
place the full screen window on my secondary screen(1680x1050).  It is the
same instance of a window, just hidden, repositioned and shown on another
screen, I have no problems with it using other video sinks.  Is it a bug or
am I doing something wrong?