playbin2 volume adjustment in Linux with PulseAudio

Pris Matic prismatic.project at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 21:16:31 PST 2011

Hi all,

My distro is Arch Linux with PulseAudio, and have an app using playbin2 to
play music files. When I set the playbin2 volume property, PulseAudio's
'global' volume jumpts to 100% from whatever its previous value was, while
the relative volume of the individual application is what's actually
adjusted according to the volume property in gstreamer.  Is there any way
to prevent this behaviour (specifically the jump in global volume)? I've
had the same issue with other distros using PulseAudio.

Regards,

Pris