unable to change resolution in Pause state

kemicalbrother georgenistor at gmx.net
Tue Dec 6 01:19:33 PST 2011

What I have been trying to do was
to change the resolution on the Run.
What I mean is to behave exactly like other video streaming application, to
be able to change resolution
without seeing any black screen.
Beetwen resolution changes ..aprox 1sec. I want to have Pause or image
freeze, or to change directly.

I have tried multiple solution, even one with a pipeline with an input
selector (on one branch a image freeze element), but to be able to keep the
image the *Imagesink* should remain in the Play state, or should be locked,
the rest of the pipeline put to NULL to be able to set the filter on
filtercaps element (change resolution).

My problem is after putting back to Play (from Pause), or if I have it lock
and just change sources with Input selector, It desyncronizes with the rest
of the pipeline playing frames - 1 frame at 10secs.

I don t know at this point how could be possible with the Gstreamer to
change resolution at run without any black screens (resulted in resetting
the pipeline to null).