Gst-launch playbin2 uri=file:///<source> change the size on the video-window

max.s max.skarberg at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 05:19:40 PST 2011

I have tried a few different ways to run a movie from the terminal with
gstreamer. but i want to do more than just play a video. i don't want it to
be shown in full screen because i want to have a picture in the top of the
window and a rolling text in the bottom.

I can add t hat I will play the movies from a script where i loop through a
folder with movies and play them with different text rolling in the bottom
on every movie.

I have a small computer-card with arm processor..(i.mx53) and there are some
things that don't work with it if I want hardware accelerated graphic.. but
these ones working:

gst-launch filesrc location=avatar.mov ! qtdemux ! queue max-size-time=0 !
mfw_vpudecoder ! mfw_v4lsink disp-width=1024 disp-height=768

gst-launch playbin2 uri=file:///home/lucid/avatar.mov

If anyone know how I could add some properties to change the size and put it
in the center of the window and put a rolling text in the bottom I would be
really happy!