Element properties on Playbin2?

JohnJohn john_john at in.gr
Thu Dec 8 03:03:38 PST 2011

Hi,
Thanks a lot for your answer

> Either iterator over the playbin children recursively until you have
> your element or use
> gst_child_proxy_set(playbin2, "path::to::your::element::property",
> value, NULL);

I tried these but apparently the pipeline is not created yet:

My C program in "pseudo-code" is virtually that :

int main()
{
    gst_init();
    GMainLoop* loop = g_main_loop_new();

    //Set rank higher for my custom element
    //...

    GstElement* myBin = gst_element_factory_make( "playbin2" , "playbin" );
    g_object_set( "uri" , ... );

    GstElement* sink = make_my_sink();
    g_object_set( "sink" , ... );
    g_object_set( "sink" , "fullscreen" , 1 );

    gst_element_set_state( myBin , GST_STATE_PLAYING );
    g_print( "Running...\n" );

    //At this point, the dot file, does not show that my plugin has been
loaded, thefore I can't modify it
    GST_DEBUG_BIN_TO_DOT_FILE(GST_BIN(myBin), GST_DEBUG_GRAPH_SHOW_ALL,
"myplayer_before");

    g_main_loop_run( loop );

    //This is after the movie has played, the dot file shows the plugin to
be
    //loaded, but I need to get the element before the file starts

}

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot again.