mouse hover to play wav. file songs

28bain 28bain at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 09:23:31 PST 2011

I was using mint 11 and recording LP's to an external WD hard drive. After
each song was recorded in audacity and exported to the external hard drive I
would toggle to the hard drive and all I had to do was hover the mouse on
the song note symbol and it would play and confirm the recording. This was a
simple and fast way to check the recordings and continue to the next song. I
have now installed linux mint 12 and the mouse hover no longer works. After
searching the internet I have only seen one mention of the problem and it
indicated a missing add on in gstreamer. I would like the hover back, I have
over 5 thousand LP's and this is a very helpful feature. If this is not the
fix I would appreciate if anyone does know how to get this feature. I do not
like banshee and it is cumbersome to confirm recordings with it.