Want to enable error and warning messages in RTSP Server Library in my application

Deep Shah deep.shah at sibridgetech.com
Fri Dec 16 01:02:50 PST 2011

Hi All,

I am trying to get stream from IP camera and re transmit it on the network.
I have my application ready and it is working fine.

Below is my pipeline for the same. This pipeline is working fine with my
current application.
rtspsrc location=rtsp://root:root123@192.168.0.123:554/test_stream name = d
d. ! queue ! rtph264depay ! rtph264pay pt=96 name=pay0 d. ! queue !
rtpmp4gdepay ! rtpmp4gpay pt=97 name=pay1

Now when I change any parameter of rtspsrc, i.e. if I change password for
test_stream from root123 to root1234, my application crashes when any
client(vlc) wants to connect to my application.

I have attached my server with the main loop with " g_main_loop_run (loop)
" API.

In this API, I got crash and my application ends. I want to catch the error
from RTSP Library in my application in g_main_loop_run() so that
application exits with an error. How can I enable such error message?

Can anyone please help me on the same?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Deep Shah