Number of spect_bands in spectrum element

victorvictor nadaeck at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 18 11:30:03 PST 2011

Thank you for the answer Stefan

There are many things in that docs and it is still very confused to me.
However, I have noticed this :

The function /gst_fft_f32_new (nfft, FALSE);/ is called in the spectrum
element; /nfft/ is defined as  *nfft = 2 * bands - 2*.
In the FFT doc it is said that this nfft argument should be entirely a
product of 2, 3 and 5 (ie a multiple of 30).

If I combine the 2 equations together, it seems that the number of bands
sould be *a multiple of 15 plus 1* to get faster results. Am I totally
wrong? Any of these values that I have tried seemed to work perfectly.

Victor