Error compiling QtGstreamer for Windows XP with VS2008

Karl Phillip maxphil at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 04:20:51 PST 2011

While we wait a word on how to do the official fix, I managed to play a
video file by hardcoding a filename on mediaapp.cpp:

void MediaApp::openFile(const QString & fileName)
{
    m_baseDir = QFileInfo(fileName).path();

    m_player->stop();
    //m_player->setUri(fileName);
    m_player->setUri("file:///C:\\video.mp4");
    m_player->play();
}

I know that the scheme "file:///C:\\" is ugly, but apparently it's how it
works.

Thanks,
--
Karl Phillip