problem in playing mp3 file using custom mp3 plugin in rhythmbox

chandu chandrakala.madhira at incubesol.com
Tue Dec 20 23:53:59 PST 2011

Hi Sean,

Thanks for the quick reply. my plugin is registered with gstreamer. i used
gst-inspect to know the details of my plugin. it showed all the details
related to my mp3 plugin.

i have a doubt regarding the selection of mp3 decoder in decodebin2. will it
take the decoder which is having highest priority or will it take the first
decoder with priority greater that or equal to GST_RANK_PRIMARY. In the
later case there is a chance to always select mad mp3, if it is the first
one in the factory list.

Regards,
Chandrakala