How to empty pipeline stages linked to an inactive output-selector source pad?

Fabrizio Dini dini.fabrizio at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 10:24:01 PST 2011

Thank you Omkiran, you got the point.

Actually, I had a similar idea right after I asked to the mailing list, and
yes, the solution is to link a queue at each of the selector source pads.
Without these queues, the buffers that are already in the downstream stages
(w.r.t. the selector) are not written to disk (the last stage is a file
sink). I don't know if these buffers are dropped immediatly or if a
consequence of changing the stage state to null (I need to do this to
change the location property of the file sink)... But this not a problem
since the presence of the queue stage seems to force the downstream stages
to push their buffers...

Regards,
Fabrizio
 On Dec 26, 2011 11:55 AM, "Omkiran Sharma" <omkiran.for.wiki at gmail.com>