Problems playing some elementary streams with Playbin2

Deepesh Bhargava deepesh.gstreamer at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 07:44:32 PST 2011

Hi

I tried playing some elementary streams for codecs VP6, SORENSON, H263
using Playbin2 and got the following error:
"ERROR: from element
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstDecodeBin2:decodebin20/GstTypeFindElement:typefind:
Could not determine type of stream."

My decoder is capable of playing streams in both elementary and container
formats. Playbin2 autoplugs my decoder successfully for all streams but for
the codecs mentioned above playbin2 is not able to determine the type of
stream due to which my decoder is not autoplugged.

Is the support for the above codecs missing in Playbin2?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks & Best Regards
Deepesh