Problem in mpegtsdemux

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Sat Dec 31 03:30:48 PST 2011

On Sat, 2011-12-31 at 14:03 +0530, Umakant Goyal wrote:

> By going through gstreamer forum, i have found that there is some
> problem in timing algorithm of mpegtsdemux plugin.
> Can someone explain little more abt this issue and Is it fixed in
> current release of gstreamer?

Let me make sure I understand this: you have found that there is "some
problem in timing algorithm", but don't tell us anything about the
problem at all, and then you are asking whether we can explain "this
issue" or know whether it's been fixed?

> If not then is there any other alternative of mpegtsdemux plugin?

There is also the tsdemux element, which works better than mpegtsdemux
in some ways and worse than mpegtsdemux in other ways.

 Cheers
  -Tim