[gst-devel] Streaming of videotest element - (UDP) Destination Unreachable

marcel.tella marceltella at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 12:36:13 CET 2011

Hi!!

I think I finally succeeded in streaming the video test pattern, so I have
the following problem:

My gst-launch command is this one:

gst-launch videotestsrc ! rtpvrawpay ! udpsink host=127.0.0.1 port=5000
sync=false

I think that it's ok.

My next step is to look at the correct packages with wireshark, and the
next, to capture the stream with the VLC player.

Well, the problem is that when I go to Wireshark, there are a lot of
packages as expected, (udp) but there are a lot of ICMP messages which say
port unreachable.
http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/file/n3275784/Pantallazo.png

I've supposed that the port isn't correct, but I've tryed to change it, to
delete the part of the port to atomatically select.. but nothing... the same
happens..

Any idea??

Because, this is an important question for me, If I manage to send this
stream, it's a UDP package which has been before rtp packed, isn't it? So,
if I want to catch it with VLC media player, I ought to work.

Am I right? Or there is something wrong!?

Thank you, I really appreciate your help!!