help!! how to seek to offset with gst_element_seek function.

Marco Ballesio gibrovacco at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 20:07:34 CET 2011

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 3:55 PM, Scott <whiterabbit.dhlee at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi all
>
> i extracted index data(key frame) in AVI  container and will be use this
> data for trick play
> and AVI's index data has some information which key frame  offset in
> file(bytes) and size without time information.
> how can I move to offset's index data with gst_element_seek function.

can't you use "native" trick modes in GStreamer instead of your own
application-side implementation?

In case you haven't already seen the doc, give a look here for more details:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gstreamer/tree/docs/design/part-trickmodes.txt?id=5b04e61a359463be7cc5bcc3404580b68e5185f1

Regards