[gst-devel] TCP Plugins w/ OpenSSL

Sebastian Dröge sebastian.droege at collabora.co.uk
Tue Feb 15 17:20:40 CET 2011

On Mon, 2011-02-14 at 16:58 -0500, Jim Muchow wrote:
> We feel obligated to return the changes we've to the Gstreamer
> community.
>
> We understand that there is a licensing mismatch between
> Gstreamer and OpenSSL. That said, based on a little research,
> the solution here, the approach, would seem to work for GnuTLS
> as well as OpenSSL. We hope that this can be of help should
> someone else need this functionality.
>
> This update contains the README file and the patch file we use.

Hi,
sorry for not getting back to you earlier.

First of all thanks for the patch but please create a bugreport at
http://bugzilla.gnome.org with the patch against GStreamer (or if you
want I can do that for you).

I discussed this with some others some time ago and we came to the
conclusion that it might be better to use the GLib TLS support instead
of relying on a single TLS implementation. That way GnuTLS, OpenSSL or
whatever is available (like a Windows TLS implementation) can be used
without GStreamer changes. But I guess your patch is a good starting
point for this.