Multiple GStreamer elements in a window

Kenny Meyer knny.myer at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 16:30:10 PST 2011

Hello,

I am writing an application to view multiple network cameras (webcams
over the Internet) on a wall in Python using the GTK+ toolkit, but I
need to gather ideas about how to do that.

I have 4 years experience with Python, but I just started to learn to
use GStreamer recently.

Basically, I have a GTK+ window, and I would like to display the camera
outputs in a grid (GTK H/VBoxes). I wrote code where each camera cell
would be a gtk.DrawingArea, but I cannot stop/play/pause the cameras on
demand.

I wonder if there would be a better approach?

Could you please point me to existing code samples, documentation, etc;
or give me further references to educational resources?

Cheers,
Kenny