[gst-devel] Timeout in rtspsrc

Thierry Panthier thierry.devel at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 02:08:15 CET 2011

> The 'retry' property on rtspsrc has nothing to do with this, it's just the
> amount of
> attempts it does to allocate two udp ports.

Oops... true! Sorry for that.

As for the transport layer I'm using UDP. Everything is fine now. All
I had to do was set the tcp-timeout to 3s to make it more responsive
when starting up. I know it's very short but we're running everything
in a local 100Mbps network so if four TCP SYNs are not enough to get a
connection, then the application shouldn't even bother trying any
longer.

Regards,

Thierry