GStreamer

Luis de Bethencourt luis at debethencourt.com
Mon Feb 21 02:43:57 PST 2011

On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 11:36 PM, Tom <fb8fb8 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Luis,
> Thanks for your reply!
> I followed the instructions in the link you sent me, but I still got an
> error.
>
> If I do this:
> gst-launch v4l2src !
> video/x-raw-yuv,width=320,height=240,framerate=\(fraction\)5/1 !
> ffmpegcolorspace ! jpegenc ! multipartmux ! tcpserversink host=192.168.2.1
> port=5000
> Then the error is:
> (gst-launch-0.10:8222): GLib-WARNING **: g_set_prgname() called multiple
> times
> Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
> ERROR: Pipeline doesn't want to pause.
> ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstV4l2Src:v4l2src0: Cannot
> identify device '/dev/video0'.

Cannot identify device...
Are you sure your webcam works?

what happens when you do:
gst-launch-0.10 v4l2src ! autovideosink

If your webcam works you should see the video from it displayed in your desktop.

Alternatively, install cheese an application to take pictures and
videos from your webcam, and see if it works.

Luis