fluendo smd plugins for Intel smd platform

Arnaud Vrac rawoul at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 16:47:47 PST 2011

Hi,

The source code for the plugins is actually available under an LGPL
license [1], although you cannot build them without Intel's SDK.

I have a more general question related to these plugins: in Gstreamer
the clock chosen for the pipeline is the one provided by the most
upstream element that provides a clock. For example for an RTSP
source, the clock would be provided by the rtp bin. The elements in
the fluendo plugins (mpegts demux, video and audio renderer) require a
hardware clock, that they provide. However it won't be used, instead
the software rtp clock will be used, which will not allow the hw
elements to work. Is there any way to prevent the rtp clock to be
selected ?

Thanks

[1] http://core.fluendo.com/gstreamer/src/gst-fluendo-ismd/

PS: Good luck Victor to finish your orange box !

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 6:59 PM, Michael Smith <msmith at xiph.org> wrote:
> You should probably contact fluendo's technical support for assistance
> with their custom plugins.
>
> We're happy to help out with general gstreamer questions here - but we
> can't help you with details of one particular vendor's proprietary
> plugins.
>
> Mike
>

> On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 9:37 AM, Johns Victor
> <Victor.Johns at technicolor.com> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>   I am going thru the fluendo smd plugins and currently am trying to
>> understand how the clock distribution works. Typically in the smd platform,
>> there will be a single clock that drives all the renderers, in this way all
>> the renderers can have the same base time. As I go thru the code, I see that
>> each renderer will allocate a clock, which is kind of strange. I also
>> noticed in the ismd_plugins.c file that the ismd_gst_clock element was not
>> initialized. When I add this to the
>>
>> static
>>
>> struct _elements_entry _elements[]  array, i get an error that
>>
>> gst-plugin-scanner:688: Glib-CRITICAL g_once_init_leave: assertion
>> initialization_valye != 0 failed
>>
>> gst-plugin-scanner:688 GStreamer-CRITICAL : gst_element_regiser : assertion
>> `g_type_is_a (type, GST_TYPE_ELEMENT) failed
>>

>> So I don't think that this code is meant to be part of a gst-launch
>> pipeline. If this is the case, I don't see how all the smd renderers can be
>> synced to the same master clock.
>>

>> Any input appreciated
>>

>> Regards
>>

>> Victor