gst-plugins-base: decodebin2: Don' t use the same element multiple times in the same chain

Sebastian Dröge sebastian.droege at collabora.co.uk
Sun Feb 27 05:04:20 PST 2011

On Sun, 2011-02-27 at 23:43 +1100, Jan Schmidt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In the past, we've seen files that have at least 2 layers of id3, or
> even id3 wrapped around avi and the streams contain id3. This commit
> sounds like it will break those.

The commit would break two layers of id3 but not mp3 with id3 inside avi
with another id3 layer.

I've pushed 4ac6f5ff831fe1ee9b7005c707c6ea1527240ddb to fix this, now
only parsers are prevented to be plugged twice in the same chain. This
should be a good fix because only parsers are not going to change the
data and as such should be the only element class that can cause the
infinite loop behaviour.